27/11/2015

Time-Out with Hajia Balikis Omobolanle Adio C.E.O BOMAD'S COLLECTION



Today, in Nigeria,there are  many entrepreneurs who are into various business, these enterpreneurs choose different work of art or crafts,like they say "different strokes for different folks" as for Hajia Balikis Adio, she chose fashion design as her own entrepreneurship. 
In a recent interview with the graduate of Lagos State University, Adebola Adegunwa School of communication, she shared her experience with us as a "Fashionista". 


Can we meet you ma? 
Am Adio Baliqis Omo bolanle, Muslim and a Corp member. 

Aside from being a Corp member what else do you do? 
Well, as a Corp member, am also a designer as well as a student of knowledge. 

Maa Sha Allah, so what and what do you design?
I make dresses, skirts, abayas nd most especially veils (that's what has really been paying my money lately, alhamdulillah), I design anything a muslimah wears. 

Alhamdulilah, for how long have you been doing this? 
Hmmm, for a very short while now but Alhamdulilah. 

     
Alhamdulilah, do u av a brand name?
                            Yeah, I do. My brand name is Bomad Collections, mashaa Allah. 

How did you arrive at Bomad Collections? 
Yeah, Bomad was derived from my name, Balqis Omobolanle Adio. 

What inspired you into making veils? 
Well, making nd selling of veils was never part of my agenda not until one day one of my sisters asked me to help her get some scarves that she was tired of pashmina nd needed veils that would look more expensive nd cam be worn to the office. Then my other sister who's also a fashion designer but busy with lots of serious jobs told me, why not help her get materials nd place stones on them. Lo nd behold, I did and they came out really beautiful 
It was hers I used as samples for display nd Alhamdulillah it's been  like 3-4months now and  have made like 50 veils even though it's not been easy combining service with work andhave made not just veils but also abayas. 
 what are your challenges?
The issue of power has been a great challenge lately, I never used to have that problem since I started until recently. Also,materials get burnt once in a while from hot iron once  while in a bid to rush up a job for delivery.  Yeah, I sometimes run into loss too, there's never a successful business person that hasn't ran into loss once in a lifetime. 




Do you have challenges designing styles? 
Have never had challenges of designs cos while am glued to the table with the material laid down nd my iron turned to a reasonable level of heat,  the designs just flow freely, alhamdulillah for that, That's why many times I feel it's a God chosen job for me. 

So where are you based?
Presently in Ilorin because of service  but will relocate to lagos after service In Sha Allah.

  If people would contact you or make orders, how can they reach you?
On instagram via @bomad_collections, On watsapp with 07089647210 and on BBM 52e27bb1


lastly,  what advice do you have for sisters out there struggling with their faith?

I ll advise them to be steadfast,keep company of those that have better understanding of the deen than them,and continue to challenge themselves to be a better muslimah. The struggle is really worth it in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment